1958 GMC deluxe truck ….. nicknamed Cherry Bomb
Hard-to-find GMC factory “deluxe” version.
This truck has incredible presence. Anywhere it goes it ends up being a star attraction. It was originally from California and has an excellent rot free body. It has been treated to all the right updates for real world drivability while maintaining a lot of the “original vibe-look” that we all fell in love with in the first place ….. this one oozes cool.
It’s an all-seasons get in and go truck. Highways or back roads make no difference, it’s a wonderful driver. The upgrades listed below make it vastly superior to tucks of this vintage that have not been “breathed on” in the same way.
Paint & Bright Work
Outstanding show quality paint with no evidence of wear (i.e. NO notable chips, dings, scratches or fatigue in this paint). Additionally, the chrome and stainless are also show quality. To replicate this level of FINISH on a truck of this vintage would cost a small fortune. This one is done and ready for on demand enjoyment.
UPDATED for real world drivability with:
– 350 V8 / dual exhaust
– turbo 350 automatic transmission
– Lokar automatic floor shifter – vintage correct look
– Power Steering
– Power DISC brakes (front)
– updated 3rd member (rear end)
– updated to 5 Lug all around
– front & rear sway bars
– updated gauges
– updated original LOOKING radio with Bluetooth
– modern Air Conditioning & heating
– lowered for better handling/corning
– wood bed restoration with the upgrade to stainless rails
– aluminum Radiator
– dual chrome mirrors
– color coded visor
– color coded metal “storage trunk” for road trip personal effects (bolt in removable)
I originally sold this truck to our best friends who moved out of State. I have driven this truck many times and have always found it to be most pleasing. Please note that the seat cover was changed from the BLACK seen in many of these pictures to the RED seen in the last picture.